UKLA Academic Book Award
This award is presented every year for a recently published academic text about the teaching of English for teachers, students, consultants or HE tutors. The panel looks for books that make a lasting, significant contribution to the teaching of English.
The award is given to a text which fulfils many of the following criteria. The text:
- makes a distinctive contribution to literacy education
- inspires the teaching of literacy
- is based on sound literacy research
- will be a lasting and rich resource for teachers, teacher educators and students
- encourages teachers, teacher educators and students to be reflective, innovative and creative
- is accessibly written
- can be for any or all key stages from early years to KS5
- is relevant to classroom practice
- if an edited collection, has a clear editorial voice
Enquires FAO Lynda Graham [email protected]
Panel Chair: Morag Styles
Academic Book Award 2020
Submissions will be invited from publishers from August 1 to October 31 2019 for books published for the first time in the UK between November 1 2018 and October 31 2019. Books may previously have been published in other countries, and translations are eligible. However, reprints and new editions are not eligible.