UKLA Wiley-Blackwell Research in Literacy Education Award
The UKLA/ Wiley-Blackwell Research in Literacy Education Award is a prestigious prize bestowed on the best article in the Journal of Research in Reading (JRR) and Literacy in the previous year. Both are peer-reviewed journals with international reputations for excellence.
The shortlists are chosen by working parties convened by the editors of JRR and Literacy.
The award is given to a text which fulfils many of the following criteria:
- Relevance to readership – taking account of an international readership
- Accessibility to a knowledgeable readership
- Original content which contributes significantly to existing knowledge or the development of new knowledge, policy or strategy
- Clear theoretical position
- Methodologically sound research processes /design appropriate to the theoretical standpoint
- Sound level of critical analysis
- Relevant and appropriate citation base
Panel Chair: Wayne Tennent.