Early Career Teachers’ Literacy Network 2015-2016
Networking and workshops for newly qualified teachers
- In your first three years of teaching, or an NQT?
- Want some ideas for teaching literacy?
- Want membership of the leading literacy association in the country?
Then join the Early Career Teachers’ Literacy Network!
Organised by UKLA, this network is for teachers in their first three years of teaching. The aim of the network is to provide a forum for sharing good literacy practice.
UKLA have partnered with Gearies Primary School in Gants Hill to host one meeting per term. This will be the final meeting of the academic year.
Each meeting consists of:
- Three workshops led by practising teachers on different aspects of teaching literacy
- Opportunities to discuss your own practice with colleagues from other schools
So that’s two network meetings and membership of UKLA for £40
Next meeting: Saturday 23 April 2016. Breakfast included.
Workshop 1 – Developing writing in topic work
Glen Joyce (Manor Longbridge Primary School, Barking, Barking & Dagenham LA)
How can we make writing interesting and purposeful in History?
Workshop 2 – Teaching Poetry in Guided Reading
Lauren Huntley (Parsloes Primary School, Dagenham, Barking & Dagenham LA)
How can we help children engage with poetry?
Workshop 3 – The Silent Debate
Michelle Connor (Eastbrook School, Dagenham, Barking & Dagenham LA)
How can we facilitate talk without talking?