The 47th UKLA International Conference
Empowerment Through Literacy: Literacy Shaping Futures. Explore the many ways in which literacy shapes and empowers lives.
Invitation to submit proposals
Please note: We are no longer accepting submissions.
UKLA’s 47th Annual International Conference will explore the many ways in which literacy shapes and empowers lives. It will provide an opportunity to examine, discuss and critique our varied approaches to learning and teaching in literacy across the globe, and to share good practice. The theme, ‘Empowerment Through Literacy: Literacy Shaping Futures’ will explore research and practice on the following topics:
- authentic literacy teaching
- multi-literacies and multimodal practices
- adult literacy
- virtual communities and literacy practices in and beyond the classroom
- implications of change for both policy and practice
- the role of the literacy teacher and professional development
- inclusion and equality
- literacy and health and well-being
These, and many more themes, will feature in this convivial conference. Speakers to include Hilary Janks, Margaret Mackey, Jackie Marsh and Nikki Gamble.
The University of Chester CH1 4BJ