UKLA welcomes proposals for Minibooks
Written by leading practitioners and researchers, Minibooks provide new ideas and insights into aspects of language and literacy
teaching and learning. They aim to foster further enquiry and study by teachers, students and all those who work with children.
The subjects of Minibooks need to have general appeal.
They should be no more than 10,000 words or equivalent, including diagrams, illustrations and figures.
You may like to take into account that the approximate proposal and production timeline is:
- Time from receipt of proposal to reviewers’ comments: 1-2 months.
- On receipt of first draft: draft reviewed and returned to authors within 6 weeks. *
- On receipt of final draft: Editor’s responses within 4 weeks to be returned within 4 weeks.
- Proof manuscript from printers: between 6-8 weeks later.
- Author’s proofreading: within 2 weeks.
- Publication date: approximately 6-8 weeks later.
- The whole process will take about a year.
*If a second draft is necessary before final draft this will extend the process by 6-8 weeks.
Please send proposals by email to: [email protected]